The question that you should ask yourself about your house is that whether it is warm, comfortable and appealing, or does it have a cold and uncomfortable feel to it? If your home feels cold and uninviting, it is probably due to the furniture that you have. This is one of the roles that furnishings play in your house. Hence it is important to be very clear about what kind of furniture you want, what the designs are that you want to incorporate and whether your furniture is useful to you or not. The material that you can trust most when it comes to furniture is wood. Solid wood cabinets give an unparalleled appeal to your home. These solid wood cabinets are elegant yet chic, intricately designed yet trendy, and they fulfil all the possible purposes of cabinets. What more could you ask for?
Kitchens are rightfully called the heart of the house, and they are the energy hub of the house. The kitchen is the area of any home where the most activity takes place. Therefore, you will want to be sure that the décor of your kitchen is nothing less than perfect.
So what is the shape of your kitchen? Is it U-shaped or L-shaped? Solid wood cabinets for either shape differ a bit. For example, if you have a U-shaped kitchen, you can have large door cabinets, as your storage space will be more substantial. However, for L-shaped kitchen cabinets it is better to have narrower doors. Here are a few more design ideas and tips for all those who are thinking of redecorating their kitchens or just making a few changes in style.
- Material: choosing the material of your cabinets is one of the most critical decisions that you make. There is a wide range of materials that you could choose from but solid wood is by far the best option available, and here’s why. These cabinets are made and finished entirely with solid wood. Solid wood, including oak, maple, cherry, and walnut, is a high quality material. For traditional kitchens, you can use dark wood like mahogany, walnut, cherry or ebony, but if you want to give a more modern look to your kitchen, lighter woods such as maple or light oak are ideal for you. Solid wood cabinets are available for all kinds of decor. Apart from the luxurious look that solid wood offers, it also surpasses other cabinet materials like metal that can be both expensive and heavy. All accidental dents and scratches are clearly visible on metal cabinets. These problems are overcome by choosing solid wood cabinets.
- Construction: if you are buying a solid wood cabinet, make sure dovetail construction is used, as cheap quality glues, nails and staples don’t really last long and also spoil the look of your cabinet.
- Styling: the designing and style of the cabinet determine the look of your kitchen. A flat panel design is ideal for contemporary kitchens whereas traditional kitchens use raised panel designs. Other design options are bead board panels, curved raised panels, cathedral panels, frame and panel, and many more. Also, the final important thing is to accessorize the cabinet in style. Cabinet accessories include handles and knobs, special modifications, accessibility options and other customization depending upon your needs.
Understanding kitchen cabinet designs will keep you informed and you’ll be able to make better choices. Also, this will help you avoid any confusion in a market that is flooded with options.
Are you bored with your bathroom design? Do you plan to redecorate it or are you planning to decorate your new bathroom? The best option when it comes to redecorating bathrooms is to change the cabinet styling and the shelves. This is the easiest approach and gives the maximum change in look.
One thing to remember while choosing bathroom cabinets is that they mustn’t make your bathroom look smaller. Now, to achieve this, solid wood cabinets must have neutral wood colours. The number and styling of these cabinets depends solely on the requirements of the users. Therefore, it is advisable to prepare an inventory in advance to be sure of exactly what you need. A few design tips in order to choose the right solid wood cabinet are:
- Size: the ideal size of bathroom cabinets is that they should be large enough to accommodate all your needs and yet be small enough to leave ample space to move around and not make your bathroom cluttered. To achieve this, the latest trend in the market is slimmer and taller cabinets. Closets with basins on top are also a great option but there is no hard and fast rule. You can choose freely from among the numerous designs available.
- Custom style: custom styling means that the solid wood cabinet that you choose must match the styling of the rest of the bathroom. You wouldn’t want the cabinet to stand out. Also, don’t let the look and styling of the cabinet, overpower its size and functionality, so choose wisely. Be sure of how much storage you need and how neat your bathroom will look with any cabinet that you may choose. If you have children at home, make sure you pay special attention to their needs as well.
- Material: solid wood is the most sought after material for bathroom cabinets as it is durable, strong and rust resistant. Solid wood cabinets can include unique and exciting designs and give maximum functionality in minimum space. The doors can have mirrors or simply be of wood to hide the stored items. Beautifully carved wooden frames with mirrors or intricately designed doors can bring your bathroom to life.
Solid wood cabinet designs not only fulfil all the needs of your family but they also add a personal touch to your space, be it the living area, bathrooms or the kitchen. If you have a small space, make sure your cabinets are small and space efficient. If you have a large space, your solid wood cabinets can also be larger in size and can be decorated with accessories. The options are endless and the key is to carefully choose and customize your cabinets.