Write for Us
Yes, you’re right, we do want you to be a part of our blog! If you have a point of view you want to share with us on woodworking, you’re welcome to submit your post on thebasicwoodworking.com. This will give you instant access to our blog audience and your blog will be a member of our auto responder and social network. And, you needn’t have a website of your own. However, if you do, we will offer you a contextual backlink to your site, if relevant.
Topics: These are the main topics for which we welcome content:
- How-to articles
To make sure our audience continues to receive great, insightful and useful content, please follow our guidelines when you write for us:
- 100% passed original copy, passed by Copyscape
- Posts should be written only in English.
- The tone of posts should be advisory, instructive, informational with practical and how-to tips from someone with first-hand experience of a specific woodworking topic.
- It should be well-written and should not contain more than two links.
- Each post should begin with a couple of points such as “What you will learn here” or “How to”.
- Next, move into the main content and end with a conclusion.
- Minimum word count 800 words for project posts and of 1,000 words for How-To posts.
- Embed a minimum of one relevant image.
- You retain the copyright to your posts, but we reprint it with full credit in our products and marketing material.
- We reserve the right to edit your submission before posting.
Content Writing Tips
- Using bullets and numbered lists are most welcome
- Pepper your post with screenshots
- Provide as many examples as you can
- Limit your paragraphs to two or three sentences each
- No sales talk, please
- Casual and conversational tone, or even business tone is acceptable
- Relevant links should be placed in brackets where mentioned. Please do not embed links
We Encourage Posts On These Subjects:
Woodworking projects: While writing a woodworking project, you will share a unique project, not copied from another site. You will explain in a step-by-step manner how to build the project, giving help and advice along the way, and possibly examples. Material list, detailed drawings and a picture of the final look will also be part of this project.
How to: These articles will teach readers how to carry out a specific task. To enable better understanding, you will need to provide as many screenshots as possible, and examples. YouTube videos are also allowed.
A Few Of Our Don’ts:
- We don’t pay our guest contributors for posts
- We don’t publish Press Releases
- We don’t publish every post we receive. We vet them for publication and publish them based on our discretion.
Interested? Then, email your guest post to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss onward steps. In your email, please provide us with this info:
- Your brief bio or experience in woodworking
- Details of your website
- Samples of previous guest posts or links to them
- If you have a post ready for publication, send it along
We charge a small advertising fee of $50 for guest post.
Look forward to hearing from you,