No matter what the nature of your job, it can be made less tedious if you have a little music. Tools and technology have shown vast improvement, so too, our ways of listening to music while working. Now, with advanced technology, you can have various options for the best jobsite radios playing music with much better sound quality than you thought possible.
Work site radios are highly durable. At a work site, you can have sawdust flying here and there, water damage or dampness. Jobsite radios have solutions for all these problems in their durability features, such as water resistance, rubber bumpers or casing, shock absorbent end caps, grills to cover speakers, roll-cage design, etc.
Another change in jobsite music is the cordless radio. Such radios work on 18-volt rechargeable batteries but are also available in corded options. Today, we have many options in jobsite radios. So here’s the review of top 5 job site radios for you.
For those of you in a hurry, take a look at the quick comparison table below:
|Sangean TB-100 AM/FM/AUX-In Ultra Rugged Digital Tuning Rechargeable Radio
|Bosch PB360S 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Power Box Jobsite Radio and Charger
|Sangean LB-100 Compact AM/FM Ultra Rugged Radio Receiver
|DEWALT DCR015 12V/20V MAX Worksite Charger Radio
|Portable FM Radio Bluetooth Speaker, UZOPI 5W Surround Sound Outdoor Wireless Boombox Speakers
Now that you have a fair idea of the features that a conventional jobsite radio should have, read the reviews presented here about the top 5 jobsite radios:
- The unit is large as the dimensions reveal–12″ x 9″ x 7.5″. Though the unit is small, the large size comes from its shock-absorbers that are around the radio, enabling portability.
- Made of ABS plastic, it is resistant to great impact and is not affected by rain or heat.
- It runs on four “C” batteries or can be used corded. The cord length is nine feet.
- It can also recharge your batteries when plugged in.
- A headphone is available to hook up to any music source.
- It has a large speaker, five inches in diameter. It is water-resistant and gives good sound, inside the jobsite and in the outdoors.
- Two-prong AC power cord, metal speaker grill
- It is prohibitive at $99.99.
- It lacks tone control.
- Neither does its antenna fold nor is there any storage for it.
- The receiver isn’t good enough.
- It has a built-in subwoofer along with four speakers that give out sound in all four directions.
- Its rubber and aluminium casing help it withstand harsh conditions at the workplace.
- You can get all kinds of media on this radio.
- It also has several recharging outlets.
- It is portable at 12kg. Its dimensions are 14.5″ x 14″ x 13.5″, making it convenient to carry around.
- It is highly durable due to its rubberized handles made out of aluminium.
- It runs on 14.4 Volts to 18 Volt-Li-Ion batteries and on 120 Volts.
- It can handle all kinds of harsh weather conditions, so is ideal on camps or outdoor parties.
- It works on AM and FM settings.
- It comes with two aux ports for CD and MP3 type players.
- It also features a subwoofer and speakers on four corners of the radio box, projecting sound in all directions.
- Its subwoofer also assures quality sound even in higher volumes.
- Two-prong AC power cord, metal speaker grill
- Awkward size, so difficult to carry.
- If the unit is switched off, the equalization settings cannot be recalled.
- It is tough and is an AM/FM radio of industrial grade.
- Compact roll-cage design that resists impact and being dropped.
- It is very portable.
- It comes with 5 AM stations and 5 FM stations.
- It is corded.
- Its dimensions are 11.8″ x 7.3″ x 9.1″
- It has a clean design and is made of very good material.
- It is easy to run, has a long power cord and its stations can be stored.
- It does not have tone controls or a clock.
- Its antenna does not fold down and it is very loud at high volumes.
- This radio uses a USB port to charge the radio when plugged into a socket.
- The radio’s storage box protects the electronic devices from debris at the workplace while it is plugged into USB or aux ports.
- The radio gives high to low sound quality from class D amplifier, woofers and tweeters.
- This radio provides rich sound while running the batteries or power cord. It also provides more versatility and can charge batteries when plugged into an electric source.
- It also comes with a charging light bar which flashes to show its charging status and a high-visibility LCD display.
- The storage box protects the radio from jobsite debris.
- It’s tough.
- It charges the batteries as quickly as a regular charger.
- With a USB cord, it can charge your phone or any other device.
- The sound is clear and loud.
- It does not come with Bluetooth.
- When you charge the battery, you lose radio reception.
- The compartment for the MP3 device and phone is way too small.
Here’s a speaker that’s built to last:
- Its simple and elegant design includes a large LED display with 360 degree volume rotational knob.
- Using remote controller, it is easy to listen to music.
- Stunning looks with retro style
- Loud sound through 52 mm high-performance drivers and inbuilt bass.
- You can connect your Bluetooth devices from a maximum of 33 feet.
- It supports a variety of platforms.
- It can provide music for about 10 hours.
- The manufacturers give a 100% money back guarantee.
- It connects easily, shows battery status on the Smartphone
- The radio is of good quality, good handle to carry to the beach or on a walk.
- Good clarity, is loud and clear.
An external antenna is missing. With it, marginal stations could come in.
How to choose the best job site radio
Why buy a work site radio?
- It helps to liven up your workplace and keep you company. With music, anyone can work faster and better.
- You can store music devices like a mobile phone or MP3 player away from the dust of your workplace.
- You can charge your tools with the batteries of the radio.
- Your productivity increases as you listen to music while working.
Features to watch out for in your jobsite radio:
Battery: An important consideration is the kind of battery a jobsite radio uses. Can you power your radio with batteries from any of your other tools? You can check out your battery needs and compatibility of your radio with any tools you have.
Weather resistance: Normally, jobsite radios are made with weather-resistance in mind. However, each radio varies in its degree of resistance. However, it’s important to check whether your radio works both in extreme sunshine and during the rain.
Power outlets: Do check whether you can plug in other electrical devices to your radio to charge them. Your jobsite radio should be capable of this.
Number of speakers: The number of speakers for your jobsite radio determines its volume. So, how many speakers should your radio have, or would you prefer to have a subwoofer? Jobsite radios can be very modern with the latest technology. Usually, a radio with a couple of speakers should suffice, though some working environments demand a much louder capacity.
Type of display: Does your proposed radio have an LCD display screen? It’s not uncommon to see jobsite radios fitted with alarms and clocks. This is a very important feature for those people who lose track of time while at work.
Type of connection: Yet another important feature for prospective buyers of jobsite radios, it pays to have a jobsite radio that’s compatible with your Smartphone if you want to play music from the latter device. In such a case, if you have a Bluetooth connection, that’s great. If, however, you wish to play music using a USB drive, ensure your jobsite radio has a USB port. Work out which kind connection would suit your requirements and look for a jobsite radio that has them.
Type of radio tuner: Check that the jobsite radio you’re considering has AM/FM pre-set. Also, decide if you want an analogue or a digital tuner.
Frame protection: To prevent things like sawdust flying onto your jobsite radio, it would help to have a protection frame on it. So, ensure that your radio has this too.
Now that you have the top six reviews of the best jobsite radios, you know how to choose one.